TOKEN PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Moore County Transportation Services provides transportation for the purposes of Medical, Employment, Education, Pharmacy, and Grocery-related trips for Moore County citizens under the token program. There are two types of transportation services offered: Demand Response and Subscription.
|SERVICE TYPE||SERVICE DESCRIPTION|
When passengers request a single trip from one specific location to another specific location at a requested time (e.g., doctor’s appointment on Thursday at 10:00 am).
When passengers schedule routine recurring trips from one specific location to another location at set times (e.g., transportation to work Monday through Friday with pickup and return trips home at a scheduled time).
To register as a token rider, visit the Application (ROAP) page or call 910-947-3389 and select Option 0 to speak with a Transportation staff member for more information.
OUT-OF-COUNTY TRANSPORTATION SCHEDULE
Out-of-County trips are for medical appointments only, which must be scheduled between the hours of 9:00 am and 11:00 am; MCTS vehicles are required to depart from all Out-of-County destinations by 3:00 pm at the latest.
|Monday||Biscoe, Fayetteville, Raeford, Sanford, Troy|
|Tuesday||No Out-of-County Trips|
|Thursday||Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh|
|Friday||No Out-of-County Trips|
One token is used per ride, so a roundtrip will require two tokens. In-County Trip tokens are $4.00 dollars each. Out-of-County Trip token costs are determined based on the destination:
|TRIP DESTINATION||TOKEN COST|
|Biscoe, Fayetteville, Raeford, Sanford, Troy||$7.00 Each|
|Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh||$10.00 Each|
|Moore County Locations||$4.00 Each|
- All trip requests must be scheduled at least two full business days prior to the appointment date:
|APPOINTMENT DAY||MUST CALL BY 5:00 PM ON THIS DAY TO SCHEDULE:|
- MCTS does NOT accept same-day requests for transportation.
- Please be ready with your name (or the name of the person you are scheduling for); the pickup address; phone number; the date of the appointment; the destination name, address, and phone number; and the time of the appointment.
- Be ready for pickup as early as one and a half hours prior to your appointment time (excluding out of county trips, which may have a longer pickup window).
To avoid a No-Show fee, riders must properly cancel their trip requests:
- Cancellations must be received by the MCTS Office at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled pickup.
- Cancellation messages must either be given to the Dispatcher during normal business hours or a message must be left on the after-hours answering machine.
- Cancellation requests cannot be given to drivers at any time.